Piano – what a beautiful musical instrument! The music of the piano is a delight when it reaches the right hands. So, isn’t it only fair that you get a microphone that accentuates the sound and makes it sound even better?
Best Mic for Piano
Remember, buying the perfect mic for piano is very important especially when you are recording because a mic does more than just increasing the volume. A cheap mic would just ruin the acoustics, and the recording would sound terrible! And, no one wants that. So, without further ado let’s start exploring the best microphones for piano recording on the market today.
1. MXL 770 Cardioid Condenser Microphone for Piano
A super-hit among customers, the MXL 770 microphone should definitely be in your watchlist. It has a patented design and comes with an assortment of features, which we shall explore now:
- It has low-frequency roll-off, ensuring that you don’t worry too much about unwanted rumble.
- It is a multi-purpose mic, working great not just for pianos but also for stringed instruments and vocals.
- It promises high-end clarity thanks to balanced bass response.
- You can enjoy balanced and transformer-less output with this amazing microphone.
- Newbies and professionals, everyone will have great fun using this microphone.
2. MXL 603 Pair Instrument Microphone for Piano
Another good one from MXL, the 603 Pair Instrument Mic promises crisp and bright noise. The design is quite innovative with an open top. Let’s see what its other features are:
- Enjoy solid low end with transformer-less design
- You can use it for pianos, strings, acoustic guitars, and drum overheads.
- Accuracy is a given when this mic is your friend!
- You can order just one mic or a pair of mics based on your requirement. Make sure you check before you place your order because, by default, you get only one.
- Each mic comes with a mic clip.
3. Neewer NW-800 Professional Studio Broadcasting Mic Set
If you are looking for an affordable option, you should definitely go with this one! It is a complete set with a microphone, a shock mount, a foam cap, and a power cable.We have explored its features right here for you:
- It captures rich and accurate sound from the source.
- The shock-mount works to reduce the noise and to provide clarity.
- It has high sensitivity.
- It has an amazing cardioid pickup.
- The anti-form cap is a ball-type, anti-wind cap that protects the microphone against wind interference.
- The precision electronic circuit removes distortion, both harmonic and crossover.
4. Behringer Ultravoice XM1800S Mic Set
This dynamic microphone is wonderful for not just a piano but also for vocals. This means, one microphone serves multiple purposes! It comes with an on/off switch, making it a real asset for live performances.
What are its features? Read on:
- It has ultra-wide frequency thanks to which you can enjoy the transparent sound.
- It has a very high signal output.
- It is a cardioid microphone, which means that you don’t have to worry about background noise at all.
- It comes with integrated pop noise and wind filter.
- The kit consists of a carrying case and a stand.
5. LyxPro HHMX-15 Cardioid Microphone
This is the ideal mic for piano recording especially if your price range is not extravagant. At a low price, this microphone gives you all that you need. Let’s take a further look:
- It is a superb option for live performances because the sound reproduction it offers is just great.
- The feedback resistance is really good.
- It has good off-axis rejection.
- The steel grill is sturdy, rugged, and dent-resistant.
- The microphone comes with a neat pouch and a clip.
- Remember, if you need a cable you will have to buy it separately.
There you are! This is a crisp list of all the best mics for pianos at an affordable price. If you have any other options that deserve to be mentioned, please let us know in the Comments section.